Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Good Life




The ancient philosophers were determined to find the Good Life, or more precisely, what made a life good. This should be the purpose, the goal of philosophy, art and science: to discover the Good Life. Everything else is trivial. In this blog I hope to share my journey in search of that elusive elixir. I may never find it, but I will continue to search until my dying day. As Nietzsche once wrote ‘The sum total of my happiness; a Yes, a No, a straight line, a goal...’ In this I agree with Nietzsche; a goal is what humanity craves, and it is in the journey that we grow as individuals and as communities; reaching the destination would be a happy coincidence, but even if I never reach my goal that is not to say my search was in vain.

In this blog I shall chart my musings on a host of topics including politics, philosophy, science, theology, culture and travel. Join me as I traverse the long, steep path up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment